Pantone's Cerulean Blue 15-4020 was the 2000 Color of the Year.
This color represents the millennium because of the calming zen state of mind it induces. Blue is known to be a calming color.
Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®, said that looking at a blue sky brings a sense of peace and tranquility. "Surrounding yourself with Cerulean blue could bring on a certain peace because it reminds you of time spent outdoors, on a beach, near the water - associations with restful, peaceful, relaxing times. In addition, it makes the unknown a little less frightening because the sky, which is a presence in our lives every day, is a constant and is always there," Eiseman said.
Pantone also brought up the connotations blue has and its effects. In their press release they pointed out that looking at the color blue can reduce blood pressure, heartbeat and respiration rate. It is also related to the water issues that were predicted to occur around the world and in general the idea of the exhaustion of our natural resources.
What else happened in 2000:Edit
- May 11- The bilionth person in India was born.
- July- Vicente Fox of the rightist PAN party is elected after 71 years of PRI rule.
- The Summer Olympics were held in Sydney, Austrailia.
- Bush v. Gore- Supreme Court stopped the Florida recount and George Bush takes the presidency of the U.S.
- Mission Impossible II was the world's top grosser of the year and Gladiator won Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Actor (Russell Crowe).
|January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|Color of the Year|
|2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|